Resources & Planning
Prepare for your field trip using our Resources section. Here you'll find information on our weather policies, safety issues, lunch options and accommodations, our travel suggestions for your students and chaperones and more. Our Group Tour Specialists work hard to ensure each and every Watermark field trip is a success. This information was created to support that goal and provide teachers with tools for a successful student trip. Please use the navigation on the right to discover useful information.
- In the weeks leading up to a field trip, get permission slips from every student’s family. Be sure that it includes a telephone number where guardians and parents can be reached on the day of the field trip.
- Solicit the help of parents and grandparents to be chaperones well in advance. Working parents will need advanced notice to request the time off of work. We suggest at least one chaperone per group of 20 students.
- Notify your Group Tour Specialist of any special needs including wheelchairs, disabilities and hearing impairments.
- Complete a Pre-Field Trip activity from our website with your students
- If students are bringing their own lunches, collect all lunches in a box or bin so students do not have to carry their lunches during the field trip. Lunch drop off must be arranged in advance!