Directions & Parking
Your Group Tour Specialist will provide detailed driving directions several days prior to your field trip. We've also provided the information here for Annapolis Field Trips and Baltimore Field Trips. Please allow plenty of time and let us know if you have car drivers.
For Chaperones Driving Separately or for Private Vehicles:
For field trips in Annapolis, guests may use the public City Dock parking lot. However, the spaces have parking meters with a two-hour maximum and field trips often last longer than two hours. For longer parking, you may use the Noah Hillman parking garage (the garage closest to City Dock). The Hillman garage can be accessed from Main Street (turn left on Main Street at the base of Green Street and the garage will be on your left). Handicap parking is available at Annapolis City Dock. The spaces do not have meters, but do have a four-hour maximum.
TO ANNAPOLIS CITY DOCK
1 Dock Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
- From 495 (Washington Beltway) take Route 50 East towards Annapolis.
- From 695 (Baltimore Beltway) take Route 97 South, merge onto Route 50 East towards Annapolis and Bay Bridge.
- Exit 24 is Rowe Blvd. (MD 70). There are signs saying to downtown historic Annapolis. Exit to the right, following the Annapolis signs.
- Stay on Rowe Blvd. Stay in far right lane. Veer right onto Calvert Street. At the traffic light go straight onto Northwest Street. At the next light turn right onto Church Circle. Turn right and enter into the traffic circle.
- Exit circle onto Duke of Gloucester Street, which is one way. Proceed through first traffic light and turn left onto Green Street.
- At bottom of Green Street, you are in downtown Annapolis. Follow the traffic around the traffic circle and head straight towards Stevens Hardware. Turn right on Dock Street. Annapolis City Dock is located at the end of Dock Street.
PARK IN A GARAGE & RIDE THE CIRCULATOR
We also recommend The Circulator for convenience and a great value. For a $1 fare each way, the Circulator is a downtown shuttle service that takes individuals from the City's four parking garages ( Park Place [5 Park Place], Knighton [1 A Colonial Avenue],Gott’s [25 Northwest Street] and Hillman [150 Gorman Street]) all around the downtown areas. There is no fare for children under 5; up to 3 children per 1 adult. Exact change required. Board the blue Circulator trolley outside the garages or flag a trolley driver for a ride into City Dock and the Central Business District. The Circulator also goes to the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium [ 550 Taylor Avenue] for a $2 fee. Individuals can park at Park Place for $2/day with parking voucher**, Knighton for $10/day, Navy/Marine Corps Stadium for $5/day, Gott’s for $15/day and Hillman for $20/day.
**$2 Parking at Park Place: We have vouchers available for $2 validated parking at the Park Place Garage (near the Westin Hotel). The blue Circulator trolley picks up guests right outside the pedestrian exit from the parking garage. Ride the Circulator from Park Place to the bottom of Main Street. When you arrive at the Dock, ask our ticket booth agents for a parking pass to receive the discounted rate. Please note: Park Place Garage is the ONLY garage that accepts these vouchers. [ Learn More and See Park Place on a Map]
Circulator Hours: Monday-Saturday: 7:30 am-11 pm; Sunday: 8 am-8 pm. The circulator runs on 20 minute intervals. $1 Fare each way.
Please Refer to Your Tour Contract for Your Boarding Location. Most Annapolis Field Trips begin at either the College Avenue Bus Kiosk OR Susan Campbell Park at City Dock.
Please refer to the "Boarding Location" on your contract to determine your point of departure.
To Susan Campbell Park at city Dock:
1 Dock Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
- From 495 (Washington Beltway) take Route 50 East Towards Annapolis
- From Route 97 South, Merge onto Route 50 East towards Annapolis & Bay Bridge
- Take Exit 24 (Rowe Blvd). Exit to the right following street to downtown
- Stay on Rowe Boulevard in the left lane. Go through 3 traffic lights (Rowe Blvd. becomes Bladen Street.) Bladen Street ends at College Avenue. Turn right onto College and enter Church Circle staying in the right lane.
- Follow circle and exit onto Duke of Gloucester Street (one-way). Go several blocks and turn left onto St. Mary’s Street.
- At the end of St. Mary’s Street, turn left onto Compromise Street.
- At the traffic circle ahead, stay in the right lane and turn right onto Dock Street. There is a 10-minute loading/unloading zone for buses at the end of Dock Street.
To College Avenue bus Kiosk:
97 College Avenue
Annapolis, MD 21401
- From 495 (Washington Beltway) take Route 50 East Towards AnnapolisFrom Route 97 South, Merge onto Route 50 East towards Annapolis & Bay Bridge
- Take Exit 24 (Rowe Blvd). Exit to the right following streets to downtown
- Stay on Rowe Boulevard in the left lane. Go through (3) traffic lights (Rowe Blvd. becomes Bladen Street.) Bladen Street ends at College Avenue. Turn left onto College Ave and pull over to the right side of the road near the bus kiosk.
BUS PARKING IN ANNAPOLIS
Buses may neither wait nor park in downtown Annapolis.
Buses should park at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. A daily parking fee of $10 will be charged (credit cards accepted) and there is a shuttle between the stadium and downtown (M-F from 9:00 AM-6:00 PM and Saturday – Sunday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM except for when there are events at the stadium and major holidays.) All drivers and passengers must pay a $2 fare every time they board the shuttle. State employees with ID can ride free.
DIRECTIONS FROM COLLEGE AVE TO BUS PARKING:
- Turn LEFT onto ST. JOHN’S STREET.
- Turn LEFT onto CALVERT STREET.
- Turn RIGHT onto ROWE BLVD.
- At the FIRST LIGHT, turn LEFT onto TAYLOR AVE.
- Stadium Parking is on RIGHT.
DIRECTIONS FROM ANNAPOLIS CITY DOCK TO BUS PARKING:
- Leave the City Dock parking lot and turn LEFT (too sharp to turn right) onto RANDALL STREET.
- At the traffic circle, make a complete circle, coming back onto RANDALL STREET. Go through one light, taking the next LEFT (in front of the US Naval Academy entrance) onto KING GEORGE STREET.
- At the second light, go LEFT onto COLLEGE AVENUE.
- Turn RIGHT onto ROWE/BLADEN Blvd.
- At the FIRST LIGHT, turn LEFT onto TAYLOR AVENUE, then RIGHT into the Navy Marine Corps Stadium for parking.
DIRECTIONS TO THE NAVY-MARINE CORPS MEMORIAL STADIUM
- From 495 or 301, take Rt. 50 East towards Annapolis.
- From 97 South, merge onto Rt. 50 East towards Annapolis and the Bay Bridge.
- From Rt. 50 East, take exit 24 – Rowe Blvd. Follow signs to downtown Historic Annapolis.
- Exit to the right.
- Turn right onto Taylor Ave at the traffic light.
- Turn right into the Stadium Parking lot.
All Baltimore field trip cruises depart from the Baltimore Finger Piers at the Baltimore Inner Harbor
GPS Locater Address:
555 Light Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Watermark’s Baltimore Harbor Cruises are conveniently located at Baltimore's Inner Harbor in downtown Baltimore. The Light Street Finger piers are accessible from I-95 and I-295 from the south, I-95 and I-83 from the north, and I-70 to the west. Light rail and MARC Trains stop at Camden Yards, only three blocks away from the Finger Piers and Watermark. When you get to the Light Street Finger Piers (between the Maryland Science Center and the Baltimore Visitor Center), look for the Big Red Boat, the Big Purple Boat and the Red Watermark Flags (we’re just a few steps from Rita’s Italian Ice kiosk).
Discounted Parking for Chaperones Driving SEparately & Private Vehicles
There is limited space available but we validate tickets from the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Garage [550 Light Street] located under the Royal Sonesta (on the right side of Lee Street) for $6 parking. Bring your parking ticket to the Pier for validation (not always available). Enter on Lee Street from Light Street.
Parking lots and pay spaces on Light Street and Key Highway are within walking distance of the Maryland Science Center. Metered spaces along Light Street are also available.
Additional Downtown Parking can be found with this interactive tool.
Bus Parking in Baltimore
Baltimore Bus Drop-off and Pick-up Options
Light Street Finger Piers (between the Baltimore Science Center and the Visitors Center (between E. Conway Street and E. Lee Street)).
Loading & unloading is ONLY permitted in the Area 1-Light Street Parking Lot on the Inner Harbor’s west shore, on the northbound side. Buses are NOT permitted to load or unload at the curb on Light Street. Buses may neither wait nor park in the Inner Harbor Area.
Baltimore Bus Parking
Baltimore City Motorcoach Parking Facility at 1100 James Street behind the B&O Railroad Museum. There is a $5/hour fee, $25/per 12 hour period, $35/per 24 hour period. Learn more about this facility (opens as a PDF).